Resources and Facilities
Research in the Department is carried out by staff members on their own personal projects and by postgraduate students working under supervision for an ME or a PhD degree.
Major items of equipment are listed with our laboratory facilities.
The Library provides a full range of services, including information and reference assistance, lending, interloans and photocopying as well as a Restricted loans collection (3 hour and 3 day loans) for high demand material.
Subject based tutorials and library tours are available throughout the year.
Useful Mechanical Engineering Web Links
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- IPENZ - The Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand
- SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- TMS - The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- United States Association for Computational Mechanics
- ENSOC - University of Canterbury Engineering Society
- WIE - Women in Engineering
Related Web Content
- Stanford University's Mechanical Engineering Virtual Library
- AVEL gateway for Australasian engineering and information technology
- Distributed Computing Projects
- ERIC - Engineering Resource and Information Center